Fresh & Simple Pasta with Cocktail Tomatoes
A cocktail tomato is a mid-size tomato: larger than a grape or cherry tomato, smaller than a beefsteak. I would say that the average size of a cocktail tomato is somewhere between a ping pong ball & a baseball.
They are delicious & very versatile. Perfect for stuffing, delicate enough for salads & hearty enough for stews… all while boasting a vibrant stand-alone flavor that leaves you wanting more! The recipe this week is Fresh & Simple Pasta, compliments of Nature Fresh Farms.
- 14 oz tomato quartered, cocktail tomatoes recommended
- 1 large onion sliced thin
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 2 sprigs basil julienned
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 lb pasta of choice, cooked
- Drizzle olive oil in pan over medium high heat, add onions & sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and continue to sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the cocktail tomatoes & sauté until they soften & juices start flowing.
- Reduce heat, stir in half of the basil & cook 3-5 min, sauce will begin to thicken. Add in half the cheese & stir well.
- Add the cooked pasta into the pan & toss to mix. Garnish with basil & top with cheese.