Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
Nov 30, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole is loaded with chicken breast, broccoli, rice, cream of chicken soup and left creamy with milk, cheese and eggs. This is one of those easy casserole recipes that your family will ask for often!
If you are looking for a comfort meal that will feed the entire family on a budget or looking to take a casserole dish to a new Mother or a friend, this is the perfect recipe! It’s an all in one dish that will leave everyone feeling full. It also makes for a great freezer meal!
How To Select, Store and Serve
Learn more on how to select, store and serve broccoli!
Why We Love This Recipe:
- Ready in under 30 minutes
- feeds a crowd on a budget
- reheats perfectly
- simple ingredients
Can I Make Chicken Broccoli Casserole Ahead Of Time?
Absolutely! You can assemble the casserole ahead of time and refrigerate for up to 2 days before baking. Let it sit out for about 30 minutes before baking.
If you would like to freeze: make the casserole but don’t bake. Let it thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours before baking. Also, allow it to sit out at room temperature for about 30 minutes before placing in the oven.
We used Minute White Rice as that was what our recipe developer had on hand! However, you can use a long grain white rice, jasmine or even brown rice.
Cream of Chicken Soup
This recipe can also be made with cream of mushroom, cream of broccoli, cheddar cheese or broccoli cheese canned soups.
This recipe calls for frozen broccoli that’s been heated up. However, if you have fresh broccoli florets on hand, you can use them and skip the step of heating as it will cook in the oven.
To make this chicken broccoli rice casserole even quicker, grab a rotisserie chicken from the deli department.
- chicken breasts
- cream of chicken soup
You may want to add extra milk or chicken broth if your mixture is dry. You can add about a cup when you mix all the ingredients together.
How to Make Chicken Rice Broccoli Casserole
Step 1- Preheat the oven. If you are not freezing this meal, preheat your oven to 350. Pre-grease a 9×11 baking dish.
Step 2 – Cook the chicken and rice. Start by preparing your rice and chicken. Place 4 cups of water in a large pot and heat over medium high heat. Once the water boils, add in your rice and remove from the heat. Be sure to cover the rice. Allow it to sit for about 5 minutes and stir. While the rice is doing its thing, place a skillet over medium heat. Add in olive oil and your diced chicken. Once the chicken has cooked, add in your seasonings. I use garlic salt and pepper.
Step 3 – Combine the Ingredients. In a large bowl or a casserole dish, all your rice, cooked chicken, cream of chicken soup, milk and eggs. Mix everything until combined.
Step 4 – Bake! Top if shredded cheddar cheese if using and cook for 20-30 minutes. Cover your casserole dish with aluminum foil to ensure it doesn’t dry out.
My kids love to eat their Chicken Broccoli Rice with “shaky cheese” aka grated parmesan cheese.
How to Store and Reheat
Meal Prep: This broccoli chicken rice casserole recipe is a perfect to use for meal prep. Simply prepare the broccoli chicken and rice casserole per the directions above (and in the recipe card). Simply place it in the freezer and do not bake it. When you are ready to enjoy this chicken broccoli rice casserole, leave out on the counter to defrost and then bake once it has thawed.
Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. We re-heat this dish often in the microwave in :30 second increments.
More Delicious Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Marsala – packed full of flavor, mushrooms and in a creamy sauce! A great weeknight meal.
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken – chicken thighs or breasts cooked to perfection with zucchini, onion, bell peppers, spinach and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Teriyaki Chicken Pineapple Bowls – chicken, pineapples and bell peppers are cooked in a teriyaki marinade. This makes a great recipe for entertaining.
Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
- 4 chicken breasts halved and diced
- 4 c rice cooked
- 2 10.5 oz cream of chicken
- 12 oz frozen broccoli cooked
- 1 c milk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat your oven to 350 and pre-grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Start by preparing your rice and chicken. Place 4 cups of water in a large pot and heat over medium high heat. Once the water boils, add in your rice and remove from the heat. Be sure to cover the rice. Allow to sit for about 5 minutes and stir.
- While the rice is doing its thing, place a skillet over medium heat. Add in olive oil and your diced chicken.
- Once the chicken has cooked, add in your seasonings. I use garlic salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl or a casserole dish, all your rice, cooked chicken, cream of chicken soup, milk and eggs. Mix everything until combined.
- TIP: You may want to add extra milk if your mixture is dry.
- Top if shredded cheddar cheese if using and cook for 20-30 minutes.
- Cover your casserole dish with aluminum foil to ensure it doesn’t dry out.
- My kids love to eat their Chicken Broccoli Rice with “shaky cheese” aka grated parmesan cheese.
- We hope that you and your family enjoy this Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole recipe as much as we do!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.