Cheesy Jalapeño Cornbread Muffins
Sep 12, 2022, Updated Oct 12, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Cheesy cornbread with a jalapeño kick…this heavenly combo is as devilishly good as it sounds! These cornbread muffins are the perfect accompaniment to a bowl of warm chili or a plate of your favorite barbecue.
Cornbread is easier served as muffins, especially for large family dinners or potlucks. They would make a great addition to any holiday table!
Say goodbye to dense, dry cornbread. These muffins are soft, fluffy, and flavorful. The jalapeño, while adding a nice kick, is not overwhelming. If you’d prefer more heat, simply leave a few jalapeño seeds rather than deseeding them all.
These muffins have enough flavor just as they are. However, you might prefer yours served with a drizzle of honey or a dab of butter.
What is the difference between cornbread and corn muffins?
Cornbread muffins are cornbread baked in the form of muffins. Corn Muffins contain a lot more sugar and often enjoyed as a dessert or sweet snack.
How do you keep cornbread muffins from drying out?
When storing your already cooked cornbread muffins, you may want to wrap in aluminum foil, or plastic wrap before placing inside of an airtight container or bag to help keep the moisture inside the muffins.
Ingredients Needed to Make Cornbread Muffins with Jalapenos
- cornbread mix
- cream corn
- olive oil
- cheddar cheese
How to Make Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins
Preheat your oven to 400°.
Mix the cornbread mix, corn, eggs, olive oil, milk and 2 diced jalapenos (de-seeded and deveined) together in a medium sized bowl until combined.
Fold the shredded cheese into the mixture until just combined.
Pour the mixture into a greased muffin tin. Top each muffin with a sliced jalapeno.
Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown. When a toothpick is inserted and it comes out clean, the cornbread muffins are ready to come out of the oven.
Allow muffins to cool before serving.
What did you think of these cheesy jalapeño cornbread muffins? Share your review in the comments below. Tag us in your muffin photos on Instagram @theproducemoms.
If you loved these cheesy jalapeño cornbread muffins, here are two other cornbread recipes you must-try!
Cheesy Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins
- 1 box cornbread mix Recommended: Miracle Maize Sweet Corn Bread & Muffin Mix
- 1 can cream-style sweet corn
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 jalapeño peppers de-seeded and diced
- 1 cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jalapeño pepper sliced thinly
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the cornbread mix, corn, eggs, olive oil, milk and 2 diced and de-seeded jalapeno peppers together in a medium-sized bowl until combined.
- Fold in the shredded cheese to the mixture, just until combined.
- Pour mixture into a greased muffin tin. Top each muffin with a jalapeño slice.
- Bake muffins for 15-18 minutes. Allow muffins to cool completely before removing from the muffin tin.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.