Chard with Tahini Sauce
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt nonfat, plain
- 3 tbsp tahini paste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic minced
Rainbow Chard Mixture
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup pine nut
- 1 medium yellow onion halved through the stem end, then sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 packages rainbow chard frozen, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 tbsp white wine
- cranberry sauce to taste
- To make the Tahini Sauce, combine all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until very smooth. Add 2 tablespoons of water and whisk again. Set aside at room temperature while you make the rest of the dish.
- Line a small plate with several layers of paper towels. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the pine nuts. Cook, stirring constantly, until the nuts turn golden brown. Using a slotted spatula, transfer the nuts to the paper towel-lined plate and let drain.
- Add the onion slices to the oil in the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until the onions caramelize and soften, about 15 minutes. Reduce the heat if necessary so that the onions cook evenly without burning. Stir in the garlic and pepper flakes, and cook for another minute, stirring constantly to make sure the garlic doesn’t burn. Add the chard and the wine, and continue cooking, stirring often, until the wine evaporates and the mixture is hot, about 5 minutes.
- To serve, transfer the chard to a warm platter or shallow bowl and drizzle some of the Tahini Sauce over the top. Garnish with the pine nuts and serve hot, with extra tahini sauce on the side.
Recipe and photo provided by Earthbound Farm - http://www.ebfarm.com xoxo Produce Mom