Caprese Pasta Salad
Grape tomatoes are a convenient and quick veggie snack! Want to know the difference between cherry & grape tomatoes? Just look at the shape of the produce. Cherry tomatoes are more round, while grape tomatoes are more oblong. Grape tomatoes tend to be sweeter, and half the size of a cherry tomato. Full of vitamins and minerals, grape tomatoes are bursting with flavor – making them perfect for any dish.
Grape tomatoes are the star of Caprese Pasta Salad. Bursting with juicy goodness, they are a perfect match for mozzarella cheese and basil. Caprese Pasta Salad takes just a few minutes to throw together. Quick, easy, & delicious… it’s our favorite kind of recipe!
- 6 oz red onion diced
- 1 pint grape tomato halved
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese fresh, diced
- 1 cup basil fresh, chopped or julenned
- 1 lb cavatappi pasta
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook pasta according to directions on package.
- Drain pasta & set aside to cool.
- When pasta is cool, toss with diced onion, tomatoes, fresh mozzarella & basil.
- Pour the balsamic vinegar and extra-virgin olive oil over the mixture and toss until evenly coated.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving.
Caprese Pasta Salad is a great lunch box meal. Make up a large portion on Sunday night and have a great lunch ready for the week. Enjoy!