California Waldorf Salad
Baby spinach is incredibly nutritious. It is perfect to use in salads, and only has 7 calories per 1 cup! SEVEN! Not to mention 1 cup also only has 1 gram of carbohydrate, offers 56% daily value of vitamin A, and is a rich source of fiber.
One classic salad to toss baby spinach into is a Waldorf salad. Today we are featuring our Earthbound Farm‘s California Waldorf Salad recipe. Give it a shot – you will love it!
- 5 oz baby spinach about 6 cups
- 1/3 cup yogurt plain, nonfat OR sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp lime zest grated
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp honey or sugar
- 1/2 cup celery thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup grapes seedless, halved
- 1 apple unpeeled, cut into 1/3 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup pecans toasted OR walnuts
- Place the yogurt (or sour cream), mayonnaise, lime juice, zest, curry and honey in a small bowl & whisk to combine.
- Place the celery, raisins, grapes, apple and nuts in a large bowl. Add about half of the yogurt dressing and stir to combine.
- Just before serving, add the baby spinach and toss to combine. Add more dressing if needed.