The Produce Moms Podcast
Episode 33: Looking Back at Episode 1 – Meet Lori Taylor, Founder & CEO of The Produce Moms
“Our mission is to increase the consumption of fruits and vegetables in the US and change the way America eats”
In this pilot episode of The Produce Moms Podcast, we hear from the Founder of The Produce Moms, Lori Taylor. Lori has 10+ years of experience in the produce industry and is working every day to increase the consumption of fruits and vegetables. Her passion to “change the way America eats” comes from her expertise in the industry and her responsibility as a Mom to make the best, and most healthy, choices for her family.
“We’re helping people understand the many different ways that they can eat more fresh produce and simplifying the process”
Lori shares her story and unique perspective on what it means to eat more fruits and vegetable, the vision for The Produce Moms, and why we decided to start a podcast. From a late night decision to buy the URL theproducemom.com to what the brand and community is today is truly an amazing and inspiring journey. Lori shares some defining moments in the process and how she had to stand up for herself in corporate America to be able to make the impact that she’s making today.
“I paid more for my idea than my home”
In 2018, The Produce Moms is a thriving community with an intense focus to resource America with a healthier alternative to what we’re bombarded with every day. The produce section is a guilt-free zone and we can be a part of changing the way America eats by shining light on the produce industry and all of its benefits.
“We have almost 40K subscribers from 30 countries and all 50 states”
Join the movement today, and help us change the way America eats.
Some Topics we talk about in this episode:
- Introduction – 0:45
- Why We Started a Podcast – 2:15
- The Vision and Story of The Produce Moms – 3:30
- Lori and 10+ Years of Experience in the Produce Industry – 8:35
- How Lori Got Her First Marketing Job – 10:30
- Our First Blog Post – Who is the Produce Mom? – 16:30
- Resources that TPM and this Podcast Offer – 23:50
- The Community Component of TPM – 25:39
- Topics to Expect on This Podcast – 27:10
- Coming up in Episode 2 – 32:35
- Wrap-up – 33:50
Get the Kroger Opt Up App on the App Store and Google or visit www.optupapp.com for more info
How to get involved.
- Join The Produce Moms Group on Facebook and continue the discussion every week! https://www.facebook.com/groups/316715662104709/
- Reach out to us – we’d love to hear more about where you’re at in life and business! Find out more at www.theproducemoms.com
The Produce Moms Podcast is live on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher and Spotify. If you like what you are hearing on the podcast, reviews, subscriptions & ratings will help us keep this going! It would mean the world to hear your feedback, and we’d love for you to help us spread the word!
Click To Tweet