Apple, Cranberry, and Kale Salad
Nov 19, 2021, Updated Nov 01, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Fall and winter is the perfect season for enjoying juicy apples and tart cranberries. And this Apple, Cranberry, and Kale Salad is a creative and tasty way to do just that! With delectable KIKU® and KANZI® apples, we’ve come up with a salad boasting a plethora of flavors, from sweet honey and apples to savory mustard, blue cheese, prosciutto, and more. Astonish your friends and impress your family by serving this luxurious salad for a meal!
How to Make Apple, Cranberry, and Kale Salad
What’s the secret to this Apple, Cranberry, and Kale Salad? It’s our homemade salad dressing! Using garlic, mustard, and honey, you’ll make a dressing that’s tangy and savory but a little sweet at the same time. It’s the perfect thing to pull together the flavors of honey-roasted pistachios, salty and savory prosciutto, kale, and blue cheese.
Of course, the stars of this salad show are sliced apples and fresh cranberries. The tartness of cranberries pairs with the juiciness of KIKU® and KANZI® apples for a combination you won’t soon forget.
With ingredients both filling and fruity, this Apple, Cranberry, and Kale Salad is the ideal way to serve a salad as an entrée. The prosciutto adds protein to the mix while fresh fruit and crunchy kale add a bowlful of produce to your day. Serve this salad for dinner or try packing it to take to work. It’ll turn some heads in the break room!
Apple, Cranberry, and Kale Salad
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup honey-roasted pistachios
- 4 oz prosciutto thinly sliced
- 2 heads kale shredded
- 1 KANZI® apple thinly sliced
- 1 KIKU® apple thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
For the Salad Dressing
- Puree garlic clove, oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, salt and pepper in a blender or with an immersion blender in a large cup until smooth, approximately 30 seconds.
- Use immediately or store in a sealed jar in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Bring to room temperature before serving if it becomes solid.
For the Salad
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On the prepared baking sheet, lay the prosciutto flat. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the prosciutto is crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a large salad bowl, combine the kale, apples, and cranberries.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, tossing to combine. Top the salad with pistachios, prosciutto, and blue cheese. Eat and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
KIKU® and KANZI® Apples
This Apple, Cranberry, and Kale Salad is unique for its diverse mix of flavors, but also for the apple we chose to include. Balanced between sweet and tart, the KANZI® apple is an all-around favorite among apple lovers. The KIKU® apple’s super sweet in flavor, juicy and crisp.
Molded by glaciers and regulated by the climate of the Great Lakes, the nutrient-dense soil of Michigan produces apples that taste testers love. These apples are ideal for slicing and tossing in salads, but they’re also great for baking, cooking, or simply snacking out of hand.
What did you think of this rich, flavorful salad? Did it make a filling meal on its own, or did you serve it alongside another course? While it can be eaten as an entree, we think it fits in perfectly with Thanksgiving dinner! Let us know in the comments how you serve it.