How to Select Quince
- Choose quinces that are solid and free of major bruises, wrinkling, or other signs of damage. Small marks on the skin do not usually affect the fruit.
- You may notice some fuzz on the fruit. This fuzz will fall off as it ripens. A fully ripened quince will be yellow or golden and give off a pleasant fragrance.
How to Store Quince
- Quinces bruise easily so store in a single layer. Any weight placed upon them will cause bruising.
- Store at room temperature for up to a week.
- Store in an unsealed plastic bag in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.