Delicata Squash and Dried Cranberry Salad
This recipe is sponsored by Tanimura & Antle.
Tanimura & Antle is committed to high-quality, sustainable produce. What does that mean for you? It means their leafy greens are delicious and you can feel good about serving them! Put their produce to work with this Delicata Squash and Dried Cranberry Salad, a dish full of autumn flavors with a base of Tanimura & Antle Artisan® Lettuce.
How to Make Squash and Dried Cranberry Salad
Salads are versatile dishes. You might find yourself serving one as an appetizer, a side, an entree, or as a standalone meal. Artisan Lettuce, Roasted Delicata Squash Salad with Balsamic Dressing fits any of these roles perfectly! With cranberries and a flavorful balsamic dressing, it can add fall tastes to any meal. Hearty delicata squash and slivered almonds give it the substance to be an entree, too.
What makes this salad truly stand out, though, is Artisan Lettuce from Tanimura & Antle. While you roast the squash, prepare this luxurious lettuce by chopping or tearing it into bite-sized pieces. With both dark and green lettuce varieties in each pack, Artisan Lettuce gives your salad a pop of both texture and color.
Produce You’ll Love to Serve from Tanimura & Antle
A rich farming heritage and an unwavering commitment to safety, sustainability, and community sets Tanimura & Antle produce apart from the rest. These experienced farmers stand behind every quality vegetable that comes to your kitchen from their fields. You’ll find broccoli, cauliflower, celery, varieties of lettuce and onions, and other flavorful veggies in their fields, each grown in its optimal environment by produce experts.
Tanimura & Antle offers four different product lines, including Field Fresh, Organic, Greenhouse Grown, and Artisan, to which the Artisan Lettuce you’ll use in this salad belongs. Grown with expert care and attention, Artisan Lettuce is great for special occasions or delicious dishes like this Squash and Dried Cranberry Salad.
What did your dinner guests think of this delectable artisan salad? Let us know how it went over in the comments.
Artisan Lettuce, Roasted Delicata Squash Salad with Balsamic Dressing
- 2 heads Tanimura & Antle Artisan® Lettuce (1/2 package) chopped or torn
- 2 small delicata squash cut in half, seeded
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp shallot minced
- 2 tsp orange juice
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice delicata squash into ¼” half-moons and toss with 1 tbsp of olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet and roast in the oven for 35 minutes.
- While the delicata squash is roasting, cut or tear Artisan Lettuce into bite-sized pieces.
- Wash the lettuce and pat dry with a paper towel. Set aside.
- Once the delicata squash is done, set aside to cool or place in the refrigerator to speed up the process.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together or shake in a small jar.
- Toss all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with about 1/3 of the balsamic vinaigrette (about 1/3 cup), and add more if necessary, to taste. Save the remaining dressing for another use.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!