Creamy Zucchini Soup
Sep 01, 2022, Updated Oct 17, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Are you in the mood for soup? Creamy Zucchini Soup is a must! This summery soup is bright and flavorful with a velvety smooth texture. The vibrant color and savory aroma will have your mouth watering even before the first spoonful.
Even better, this soup is a cinch to make! Even novice soup makers can whip it up in no time. If you have a few zucchini and thirty minutes, you can make this soup.
Creamy Zucchini Soup can be served hot or cold. It can also be made ahead and frozen for later. This way, you can keep summer flavors on the menu well into the fall.
What is Zucchini Soup made of?
This zucchini soup recipe calls for:
- olive oil
- vegetable broth
- Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
What can I do with too much zucchini?
This is a great question! If your home garden produced a plethora of zucchini this seasons here’s a few of our favorite zucchini recipes:
Should I peel zucchini before cooking?
There is no need to! The peel of the zucchini contains most of the nutrients as the zucchini itself is made of 95% water.
In a 1-cup serving of zucchini it contains the following nutrients:
- 37% of the recommended daily dose of vitamin C, which promotes a healthy immune system
- A little over 1 gram of dietary fiber, to improve digestion
- 10% of the daily values for vitamin B-6, to benefit the central nervous system
- 10% of the daily values of potassium, for proper muscle contraction
- 1.5 grams of protein, to regulate the body’s tissues
- 20 grams of calcium, for bone growth
- 22 grams of magnesium, to maintain muscle function
- 248 grams of vitamin A, for good eyesight
- 10 grams of sodium, for hydration
In addition to helping with digestion and hydration.
How to Make Zucchini Soup Recipe
Add the zucchini. Stir frequently and cook until soft, about 10 minutes.
How to Freeze Zucchini Soup
To freeze, let the soup cool completely after cooking. Once it is cool, transfer the soup into a freezer-safe zip-top bag. The easiest way to do this is to place the bag in a bowl and roll the top of the bag over the edges of the bowl. Then, ladle the soup into the bag.
Once your soup is in the bag, remove any excess air and zip it shut. Place the bag in the freezer. Do not stack bags until they are frozen solid.
Thaw the soup out in the refrigerator overnight before serving. Zucchini soup can be stored in the freezer for up to three months.
Looking for more soup recipes? Try these reader favorites:
- Creamy Pumpkin Soup
- Hearty Minestrone Soup
- Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Roasted Tomato Soup
- Slow Cooker Potato and Ham Soup
Creamy Zucchini Soup
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 scallions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 medium zucchini halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, scallions, and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Stir frequently and cook until the onions are translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Add the zucchini. Stir frequently and cook until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth and Italian seasoning and bring to a simmer. Cook 10 minutes.
- Puree the soup in a blender or with an immersion blender. Blend until smooth. Return the soup to a saucepan and season with salt and pepper. Garnish with additional scallions.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Looking for more zucchini recipes? Follow our zucchini Pinterest board!
Want more soup recipes? Check these out!
Did you give this recipe a try? What did you think? Share your review in the comments below.