Celery and Avocado Salad
Mar 03, 2022, Updated May 08, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This recipe is sponsored by Tanimura & Antle.
This Celery and Avocado Salad is packed full of crunch and flavor highlighted by a light, refreshing lemon tang! The sliced radishes and Kalamata olives add a contrast of color and flavor. You may never think of all these ingredients together in this way, but you will be sold after one bite!
The History of the Celery and Avocado Salad
A common Chilean salad is known as Apio con Palta (celery with avocado). It is commonly served with otherwise rich and indulgent foods. Chilean culture loves the light-tasting, fresh, crunchy salad because it adds depth to their menu with simple ingredients that can come together in a matter of minutes!
Ingredients for Celery and Avocado Salad
- Tanimura & Antle Celery
- Tanimura & Antle Artisan® Sweet Gem
- Golden balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Kalamata olives
How to Make a Celery and Avocado Salad
The Celery and Avocado Salad will come together very quickly, as you are preparing the rest of your dinner. The first step you need to take is to soak the sliced celery and radish in ice water for 10 minutes. You will then add them to a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
Next, you will want to pour the golden balsamic vinegar over the celery and radishes. It is important to let them marinate for about 10 minutes. Then, you will add in the lemon juice, garlic and olive oil. Make sure that you toss it well. Add cut avocado to the celery and radish mixture and then gently toss to combine.
Once those steps are complete, you will place the Sweet Gems on a serving platter. You can also spread them out onto individual serving plates if you prefer. Then, cover the Sweet Gems with the tossed salad and dressing from the large bowl. Finally, you will add the olives and celery leaves to garnish.
Tanimura & Antle Artisan® Sweet Gem Is the Perfect Salad Base
Artisan Sweet Gem lettuce is petite, crisp and sweet, with a versatile flavor similar to romaine. It is a hearty but tender lettuce that is simply gratifying. In the celery and avocado salad, the Sweet Gem compliments the crunch of the celery and radishes. Plus, it intensifies the creaminess of the avocado. It’s a salad base that you will want for other salads as well. Plus, it is great for wraps and sandwiches too.
Why We Love Tanimura & Antle
Why are we so enamored with Tanimura & Antle? These experienced farmers stand out from the rest with a rich heritage of growing produce to be proud of. Their steadfast commitment to safety, sustainability, and community means you can be confident in every vegetable that makes its way from their fields into your kitchen.
Want to try more tasty Tanimura & Antle recipes? Check out some of our favorites:
- Delicata Squash and Dried Cranberry Salad
- Charred Sweet Broccoli with Pancetta and Parmesan
- Low Carb Cheeseburger Salad
In addition to their delicious Artisan Sweet Gem, you’ll find other veggies for all kinds of occasions in their Artisan, Field Fresh, Organic, and Greenhouse Grown lines. Cauliflower, lettuce, onions, celery, and more are all grown in the best possible conditions by produce experts, ensuring that you’ll only bring home the best when you choose Tanimura & Antle products.
Did your family love the Sweet Gem, Celery and Avocado Salad? Was it an instant hit? Tell us about it in the comments below!
Celery and Avocado Salad
- 3 heads Tanimura & Antle Artisan® Sweet Gem separated into individual leaves
- 6 stalks Tanimura & Antle Celery cut into 1⁄4-inch-thick slices, leaves reserved
- 2 Radishes thinly sliced
- 2 TBSP Golden balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup Fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup Olive oil
- 1 tsp Garlic minced
- 2 Avocados halved, pitted, and peeled
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives pitted
- In a medium bowl of ice water, soak the sliced celery and radishes for 10 minutes.
- Drain and return the vegetables to the bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the vinegar over the vegetables and toss to combine. Let the vegetables stand for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Add the lemon juice, garlic and oil to the vegetables and toss well.
- Cut each avocado half into 6 pieces and then gently toss with the celery and radishes.
- Place the Sweet Gems on a platter or individual serving plates, cover with tossed salad and dressing and garnish with olives and celery leaves.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.