Mother’s Day is this Sunday. Treat mom to a delicious brunch, dinner, or dessert to show her just how much you care. Today on Indy Style, we shared several recipes that mom will love!
Pink Lady® Mimosa
Pink Lady® apples are the perfect mix of sweet and tart. Pink Lady® apple juice mixed with champagne or prosecco and a little bit of Elderflower Liqueur makes an elegant and chic cocktail that mom will love. It’s perfect for Mother’s Day brunch!
- 3 parts champagne or prosecco, chilled
- 1 part Pink Lady® Apple Juice
- 1/4 oz Elderflower Liqueur per drink
- Pour champagne into champagne flutes. Add elderflower liqueur. Top off with Pink Lady® Apple Juice. Serve immediately.
Mandarin juice is much different than traditional orange juice — it’s sweeter and less acidic. Mandarins are easy to peel and they do not contain seeds — making it a breeze to squeeze your own juice by hand. Mandarin Bellinis are a brunchtime cocktail that mom is sure to enjoy!
- 15ml of Cointreau (orange triple sec)
- Juice squeezed from 1 fresh mandarin
- Twist of a mandarin peel
- Add all ingredients in a cocktail glass. Garnish with a mandarin twist.
Easy Breakfast Burritos
Breakfast burritos just got a whole lot easier thanks to Mann’s Nourish Bowls. In fact, this recipe is so easy the kids can make it all on their own! It’s the perfect breakfast in bed!
- Mann’s Nourish Bowl, Denver Scramble or Fiesta Scramble
- Flour tortillas
- Cojita cheese
- Prepare the Nourish Bowl according to package instructions.
- Add Nourish Bowl to flour tortillas. Top with cheese and roll into a burrito. Serve hot.
Citrus Avocado Salad
Citrus Avocado Salad is bursting with fresh citrus flavors and colors. It’s light yet filling which is great on a warm Mother’s Day evening. Pro Citrus Network is your source for citrus year round. Spring and summer citrus is some of the best so don’t miss out!
- 2 Red grapefruits
- 2 Navel or Cara Cara oranges
- 2 Mandarins
- 2 Hass Avocados, sliced or cut into 1” cubes
- 3 T Walnuts
- 2 Oz. fresh feta or goat cheese, crumbled
- 4-6 cups salad greens, such as butter lettuce or arugula
- 3 T Honey
- 2 T Fresh lime juice
- 2 T Fresh lemon juice
- 2 T Olive oil
- 2 T Red wine vinegar
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- Whisk honey, lime juice, oil, vinegar & salt & pepper in small bowl
- Using a sharp knife, peel grapefruits and oranges, removing all bitter white pith & membranes. Working over large bowl, cut in between membranes of the grapefruit to release sections. Reserve juices for another use. Peel & section mandarins, removing white pith. Add to bowl.
- Add the avocados, cheese and walnuts to the bowl and toss gently.
- Add the honey dressing & salad greens, toss again. Serve immediately.
Strawberry-Banana No Bake Cheesecake Ball Jars
What mom doesn’t crave cheesecake? This easy, make-ahead cheesecake requires zero baking. It’s another great recipe for the kids to help with. Grab some Del Monte Fresh bananas, a package of strawberries and get to it. Mom will thank you!
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Lemon zest
- 2 Del Monte Fresh bananas
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- Make crust by mixing butter and graham cracker crumbs. Layer at the bottom of the mason jars.
- Make cheesecake mixture: In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, heavy cream, sugar and vanilla. Add in lemon zest and beat until light and fluffy.
- Layer bananas and strawberries.
- Add in cheesecake mixture.
- Top with more bananas & strawberries.
- Spring graham cracker crumbs.
Thanks for watching! Don’t forget… Mother’s Day is this Sunday! How will you be celebrating the moms in your life? Share in the comments below and tag us in your food photos on Instagram @theproducemoms.