Honeydew melon is high in vitamin C and low in calories. It’s the perfect choice when you want a quick and easy, sweet treat. It’s also a great addition to yogurt, smoothies, fruit trays, salads, and many other recipes (keep reading for great ideas on how to serve honeydew). Most people think of honeydew only in the summer, but you can usually find this delicious melon year-round at your grocery store.
How To Select
- Choose a honeydew that is spherical, mostly symmetrical, and heavy for its size.
- The outside of the honeydew melon should be waxy with cream, yellow, or gold tones. Green coloring indicates that the honeydew is not ripe.
- Sniff the melon. It should give off a sweet, pleasant odor.
*BONUS TIP: For an extra sweet honeydew melon, look for one with small brown freckles on the outside rind.
How to Store
- Store whole honeydew melons at room temperature.
- Once cut, store honeydew in the refrigerator for up to 1-2 weeks.
How to Serve
- Honeydew melon is a great snack to have by itself.
- Add honeydew to yogurt or fruit parfaits.
- Add honeydew to fruit smoothies.
- Honeydew melon is a great addition to any fruit tray.
Here are some honeydew melon recipes you’re bound to love!
For even more honeydew melon recipes, follow The Produce Mom’s Honeydew Pinterest board. Enjoy!